Today various kinds of dish washing soaps are available in the market with lots of claims like eco-friendly, better cleaning, antimicrobial and antibacterial property. Dishwashing bars or cakes are found in each and every house for cleaning of dishes. Detergents in these cakes combined with the enzymes help with the dishes and utensils wash easily. By using this one can get rid of stained and uncleaned dishes. Many chemicals listed on the dish bar by the chemical names and unfortunately, common person doesn’t familiar about the bad effects of chemicals. These toxic chemicals are absorbed by the skin that directly enter into the blood stream which then are responsible for causing asthma, neurological disorders, skin irritation, cancer, etc. Some of the common and basic chemical ingredients in the dish bar contained surfactants, preservatives, fragrance, colour with active and inactive chemical ingredients.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS): It is a detergent based chemical which acts as a surfactant used as a cleanser. It is associated with the carcinogenic chemical Nitrosamines and responsible for absorption of toxic nitrates into the body.
- Sodium Laureth Sulphate (SLES): It is linked with the suspected carcinogen Dioxane which remains in the body for longer time and effects the functioning of the liver.
- Propylene Glycol: It is a chemical which is used as an anti-freeze for car radiator. It is found in dish bar, moisturizers, cosmetics, hand sanitizers, baby products, conditioners and shampoos. It negatively effects the functioning of liver and kidneys.
- Methylisothiazolinone: It acts as a preservative which is a neurotoxic and associated with allergic reactions and irritation.
- Fragrance: Scented products contain several harmful chemical ingredients including phthalates, which are responsible for different kinds of allergies and impairment of hormones. Phthalates are found in cosmetics, food packaging, plastic container, plastic tubes, and jar lids.
- Triclosan: It is a synthetic chemical used as an antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal chemical and generally found in toothpaste, soaps, cosmetics, perfumes, clothing, dish bar, kitchen ware, coolers and paints. It disrupts the hormonal system of the body, including endocrine and thyroid system which weakens the immune system.
- Coal Tar Dyes: Coloured cleaning products contaminated with heavy metals such as arsenic, cadmium and lead. These harmful coloured dyes can be readily absorbed by the skin and causes several health problems, including hormonal imbalance, cancer and allergies.
Spectro Analytical Labs have fully accredited facilities for testing all the harmful and carcinogenic chemicals in various kinds of dish bars and cosmetic products. It also provides training and assistance in this regard.